Tuesday, December 23, 2008

YOUNG SPIDER

I love this game. A lot of people feel the same way. And theyI was interested in it since i was in el have different stories too! Because you're on my page, you'll hear a part of my basketball tale.

I got my interest in this game when i was in elementary. I knew that I got the potentials to learn this game but im too short and too weak to play it. Since then, I challenged myself. I said that someday I'll be a great player. Someday I'll be a winner.

Every kid has his dreams. I was a kid then so I had my dream. As a young guy, I didnt look at myself small. Though I lacked resources and I'm not so exposed to basketball I still tried to move. What I practiced was pure ball handling. I trained myself without the proper knowledge of training until I entered highschool. On the summer after my first year in highschool, I entered a famous basketball school here in the Philippines, MILO BEST. There, i focused a lot. I was in the level one of their program when I got sick and was not able to finish the training. I only finished 4 days of it. Unfortunately, I wasted my time and my parent's money. Anyway, I was famous with my batch of students at the basketball clinic. Level one is about the basics. Ball handling and passing. I can brag about myself being a good ballhandler. People there named me as "spider-boy". It's simply because of the spider drill I demonstrated to the whole batch. Actually, I only learned that skill from them. I just followed their instructions and so I succeeded.

I've been respected by the people there. Some students I don't know would just call me " oy, spider-boy!" and sometimes they call me "Iverson" which flattered me a lot because I am a big fan of his. He was my idol. He runs and leaves everyone behind even if he is small. I know I can never be so tall, so I looked up to him. He inspired me to be better and better.

I got better determination compared to everyone. I hunger for skills, I thirst for experience, and I was so eager to learn. And that's just the start of it.

I started this game with a positive attitude. I had my goal and I started it right. I put those negatives at my back and used it as a motivation.

I've said this is how I started it. My stories will continue soon with my blogs...



"All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.”

-- Magic Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment