Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Still Have Time for Christmas

IT'S CHRISTMAS!

Oh.. Really?

Umm.. Not Really.. It's Dec. 24

Hay... *sighs*

The time on my computer says 7:46 PM. It's December 24. Something special? Sure. Tommorow it's Christmas.

Currently, I have this weird feeling. I can't FEEL Christmas. Without looking at the calendar, I won't know that it will be a special day. I still can't feel the spirit of Christmas.

Before, I'm always aware of how many days are still left before the Christmas eve. I'm always exited. I'll receive gifts from different people. Family, friends, couple of Christmas Parties from different groups of people. We go from one place to another so we can have our "pamasko" from lolo, lola, ninong, ninang, tito, and tita. The Christmas season seemed to be a very long vacation for us.

As I age, being a 19 year old creature of the world, lots and lots of things change. Like my thoughts. A while ago while typing, I really can't feel Christmas. Checking my time, it's, 8:01 PM. So much time huh? I just realized that Christmas hasn't change.

When I paused a while ago, lots of events passed my mind. Memories of the Christmas season before and what is happening now. I guess I have a problem with myself.

I'm the one who forgot Christmas that's why I can't feel it. The spirit is not with me. My friends are still there for me but unintentionally I don't have enough effort to be with them. My family never changed. They are so ready for our "noche buena." They have gifts to give unless one has no budget like me. lol.

Maybe I should be going now. it's getting late. I should prepare myself. I should help to prepare for noche buena. I should get ready for Jesus' party!

What a lesson. Even guys as old as me forget the meaning of Christmas. I've been selfish lately. I got all the time to be back. So goodbye for now!

Let's all be happy and be in peace! Pray and give thanks to God. Thank you Jesus.

5-4-3-2-1

No comments:

Post a Comment